Tuesday 1 July 2008

Edwyn Collins - Collins Performing His Way Back To Health


Scottish singer EDWYN COLLINS is delighted to be getting back on stage for a series of gigs this summer (08) - as performing is helping him recover from a near fatal brain haemorrhage.

The former Orange Juice frontman, who scored a huge solo hit in 1995 with single A Girl Like You, fell victim to the life-threatening condition in 2005 and has since been trying to put his life back together.

He admits that he often struggles with his memory and he has a long way to go before he is back to full health.

But Collins insists that singing is a vital tonic for him - and he is glad to be making his debut at the legendary British music festival Glastonbury later this month (Jun08).

He says, "Going out and playing has been the therapy I've needed, but I'm not 100 per cent there.

"I struggle sometimes but if someone said to me I would be playing at Glastonbury in 2008, I'd never have believed them."

Collins is set to play the acoustic stage at Glastonbury on 27 June (08).





See Also